We now support the Garmin InReach for GPS tracking.
To setup GPS tracking with the Garmin InReach we will need two things.
Your Boat’s Name
Your Garmin MapShare feeds URL
Please follow this process to get your personal MapShare feeds URL:
1. Login to garmin at https://inreach.garmin.com/en-US/Account/LogOn?&stage=2
2. Once logged in, go to the Social Tab
3. Check that MapShare is turned ON; If Mapshare is turned off, click the “MapShare OFF” button:
4. With MapShare ON, look and click on the 'feeds' link
5. Send to us by InApp message or by email firstname.lastname@example.org the URL under 'Raw KML Data' It will look like this,
Please see an example of the tracking at http://forecast.predictwind.com/tracking/display/Totem
You can insert your customised tracking link into your website or blog. Alternatively, you can just email the website link to friends and family.
By default the tracking data is kept for 9 months, and then incrementally deleted. For customers who require the track to be kept for longer periods we can extend the deletion schedule out to 24 months, or never be deleted. Please click here for more information.
The GPS tracking with the Garmin InReach is only available if you have an active PredictWind Standard or Professional Forecast subscription.