Please check you have the latest Iridium GO firmware, by opening the Iridium GO! App, login, and go to the Help icon, click on the "about" menu. The Iridium GO! Firmware version should be 2.1.8. It is critical that you have the latest firmware for a reliable connection and the Apps to work.
The Iridium GO! device contains an internal website portal which can be used to upgrade the firmware. You will need a Laptop (PC or Mac) and a high speed internet connection to download the Firmware file. NOTE: Updating the firmware cannot be done on a mobile device or tablet.
- Download the Firmware (50MB file) from this link IridiumGO_Portal_upgrade_2_1_8 If your computer asks what folder to save the Firmware file to, choose 'Desktop'. Once this file has downloaded, you do NOT need to open the file. Go straight to to Step 2.
- Connect your PC or Mac to the Iridium GO! Wi-Fi.
- Open an internet browser (recommend Chrome) and enter 192.168.0.1 in the address bar. Press Enter on your keyboard, and login with an administrator account (by default “guest” & "guest").
- Go to the System tab (top right) and select the Firmware file to upload. It should be in the Desktop or Downloads folder.
- Once complete you will need to do another power off/on of the Iridium GO!